HCEA Has a New Story to Tell!
Time flies by and we are happy to welcome spring. Just two months ago we were in Washington DC with the HCEA Healthcare Marketing Summit… and what a Summit it was. We learned during our face-to-face roundtables, experiential marketing storytelling with Ken Dec’s session, the critical issues affecting the healthcare industry from Jill Wechsler, how healthcare marketers are change-leaders from Michael McLinden, and wrapped up the day with Chris Metzger and Alissa Algarin giving us the latest research findings around the challenges facing the industry. A lot was packed into the Summit including a great networking event in the very cool venue, Virtue Feed and Grain in Old Town Alexandria. I loved seeing so many members and meeting some new ones.
As I promised back in August at HCEAConnect in Savannah, we said that we would continue to listen to you, our members so that HCEA meets, if not exceeds, your needs. Thank you for providing your useful feedback and thoughtful suggestions. You wanted more out of your HCEA, and to this end we needed to make HCEA a 365 day a year organization. HCEA listened to you, and here are some of the important initiatives that we undertook in last than six months:
- Redesigned the HCEA website with easier to find resources including buyer’s guide, online directory and new resources with three new whitepapers: Brand Experience and the Healthcare Marketing Place, The Landscape of 1:1 Meetings in the Healthcare Events Industry and New Technology and What it Really Means for Healthcare Exhibitors.
- Produced HCEA webinars which are free to members and also archived on the website. Without leaving their office and with the opportunity to include your entire exhibit team, our members learned about European compliance rules, how healthcare marketers are change-leaders and learnings from first-ever industry-wide Traffic Builders Study.
- Brought together idea-exchange for our Association and Corporate Members through our Virtual and In-Person Roundtables. Again, free to members.
- Launched HCEA Meet-Ups at Healthcare Congresses across the country. HCEA members can “meet-up” with fellow members while attending other shows because when we gather together we learn from one another.
- Reconfigured the HCEA committee structure. We have 25% new members now actively engaged with our committees who are shaping the future of HCEA. We even now have micro-volunteering opportunities for those of us who want to help HCEA but have limited time.
As you can see, this is the new HCEA. We do hope you’ll join us for the 2017 HCEAConnect, August 13-16 in Chicago. I promise you that it will be well worth your while to learn more about your industry, even for us industry veterans. The networking will be second to none in Chicago. Learn more about our exciting keynote and top-notch education schedule. Registration is open, so register now to take advantage of our early bird rates!
HCEA has a new story to tell, and we want you to be part of it! Thank you for being an important part of the new HCEA’s success.