JANUARY 19, 2016 The landscape of healthcare events is in a state of change and is facing increased competition from nontraditional healthcare events. There is, however, much opportunity for event planners who are willing to take risks and try new tactics to extend their reach. Brand marketers will need to reexamine their event portfolios to ensure that they are reaching their audiences in both traditional and nontraditional venues.
HCEA partnered with FreemanXP to highlight several key factors brand marketers need to know about the changing healthcare environment:
- New influencers in primary care (nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists) continue to assume a larger role in impacting patient care.
- Increased, expedited approvals for new products, driven by better science and more efficient pathways to approval, present increased opportunities for visibility and partnerships as sponsors and exhibitors.
- Healthcare professionals and patients are embracing an expansion of do-it-yourself healthcare resources, thanks to the proliferation of new technologies.
- Non-health-focused events offer marketers a way to differentiate themselves in a space that values innovative ideas and early adoption.
- Reaching younger audiences at live events helps to solidify connections and offer them new avenues of researching and networking.
Download “The Changing Landscape of Healthcare Events: New Audiences. New Opportunities” here. Please note that this is a members only resource.